Jul 7, 2022
The Ultimate Wine Party Tricks and Tips!
Hey party babes, summer is for sipping! So, you’ve got your besties on the way, the Butter chilled, and the hot JaMs prepped…you’re already killin’ it. Time to take your summer bash to the NEXT level with a bit of party flair–the JaM Cellars way, of course.
Here are a few fun (and surprising) party tips and tricks to pull out next time you’re hosting the best wine party in town!
Sure, a cooler might keep your delish Butter bevvies cold a little longer, but if you’re trying to impress your guests with a few party moves, an everything-but-the-cooler cooler will do the trick. Plus, the sips won’t last long in that cooler, anyway, when it’s Butter you have on ice!
Some of our favorite non-cooler cooler ideas are:
- An inflatable baby pool, filled with ice, bottles of Butter Bubbles, Butter Chardonnay and a few cases of refreshing ButterCans floating around.
- A hollowed-out watermelon, filled to the brim with ice and our easy-to-love ButterCans.
- A cleaned-out pumpkin; it perfectly holds a bottle of #Butter, and ButterCans. Make sure to keep plenty nearby and restock when you start running low.
Chill Wine Bottles *Quickly*
It’s happened to the best of us; you ran out of chilled Butter wine and now you’re trying to cool your reserves. But you can easily turn this tragedy into a party trick and have your guests sipping cold wine in no time! Here are a few ways to chill JaM Cellars wine quickly:
- Make an ice bucket for your bottle, but with one extra special ingredient: salt! Salt helps bring down the freezing temperature of water, which will chill your #Butter faster.
- Frozen grapes are not only a tasty treat, they’re also a great way to chill wine quickly, without watering it down. Pop a couple in your glass and get back to partyin!
- Wrap a damp paper towel around the bottle of wine, and sit it in the freezer. The damp towel will freeze quickly, and thanks to the frozen towel, the wine will chill in half the time it usually would! Less time preppin, more time sippin.
Saber Your Butter Bubbles
Sabering is a totally extra way of opening a bottle of bubbly, and who doesn’t want to look like a boss in front of their party guests?? Add a lil #SundayFunday flair next time you’re bustin’ out the brunch bubbles.
Here’s how to fancily pop the bubbly Butter Bubbles at your next party:
For all the deets, check out Food52 video here.
1. First, grab your saber of choice. If you don’t have a real saber (lol), a hearty kitchen knife or metal butter knife will do the (party) trick.
2. Put your bubbly in the freezer for about 10 mins. You want the bottle to be very cold.
3. Get al fresco with it. Butter be safe and head outside in the backyard for this one!
4. Remove the cage from the bottle and locate the seam that runs up the side of the bottle.
5. (With the bottle pointing away from you and everyone else in your crew–pups too!) In one long motion, run the back edge of your sturdy kitchen knife firmly and quickly up the seam of the bottle, and through the lip.
6. TIP: hold your “saber” at a slight angle rather than perpendicular.
YASSS! Now you’ve officially gotten your party off with the ultimate bang. OF COURSE, safety first, please try this party trick responsibly.
Wine Ice Cubes
Literally the last thing you want on a hot summer day is a warm beverage. Cool down your party guests with a fun party trick: JaM Cellars wine ice cubes! These fun and simple wine ice cubes will add life to your drink and cool you down when the party starts getting HAWT.
Here are some fun wine ice cube ideas for your next party:
- Wine-Flavored Fruit Ice Cubes (we used JaM Cab for this one)
- Champagne and Strawberry Ice Cubes (for this, we added Butter Bubbles!)
- Beautiful Floral Ice Cubes (we these ice cubes with Butter Chardonnay)
- Edible Glitter Ice Cubes (for all our glitter lovin gals, this one’s for you–and we added a bottle of Sugar Sweet White)
Turn Up the Party JaMs
Never run out of JaM Cellars wine again with our fast and convenient wine delivery partners! Get stocked up today!